New Tools for Businesses in the Pinterest Community
Thousands of businesses have become part of our community, giving great ideas, content and inspiration to people on Pinterest. Whether it’s Anthropologie sharing awesome clothes, Whole Foods sharing tasty recipes, the Smithsonian sharing fascinating collections, or Amazon making products easy to pin, many of us have been inspired on Pinterest by businesses. We want to help more businesses provide great content on Pinterest and make it easy to pin from their websites. Today, we’re taking a first step toward that goal with some free tools and resources.
Book: Marketing With Pinterest [Kindle Edition]
New business terms
Getting to know businesses better
Whether you’re a publication, brand, designer, blogger, retailer, online merchant, non-profit organization, institution, or local business, we’d like to get to know you better so that we can provide the right tools and support to help you inspire people on Pinterest. If your organization is new to Pinterest, sign up on Pinterest for a business account. Existing accounts on Pinterest can be easily converted by following the steps on the business site.
Signing up on our business site allows you to specify your business name (instead of first name and last name) and go through an optimized new user flow to help you:
- Verify your website. The verification badge helps people identify high-quality sources of content and more easily find the business they want in search results.
- Add new buttons and widgets. Integrate the Pin It button, Follow button, Profile widget, or Board widget to get more engagement from pinners and traffic back your site.
- Access to upcoming features. Receive updates on future products and services that will provide more powerful ways of reaching and understanding your audience on Pinterest.
New Resources: Case Studies, What Works, and more
The Pinterest community is unique and we want to help businesses interact with people the right way. That’s why we’ve also published new case studies, best practices, and guides on the business site that can show you great ways to use Pinterest to inspire people.
- Case Studies. Jetsetter, Allrecipes, Etsy, Organized Interiors, and Petplan Insuranceshare metrics and describe how they successfully used Pinterest to increase customer reach, drive traffic to their sites, and engage their strongest advocates.
- What Works. We published a set of best practices with several examples for you to follow.
- Guides and Documentation. Check out new guides and documentation for the Pin It and Follow buttons and how to use the Pinterest brand in marketing materials.We look forward to seeing businesses continue inspiring their audience with amazing content. For more information, please visit the Pinterest for Business site atbusiness.pinterest.com. If you have any questions or feedback, please leave them in the comments below.
Want to convert? Start here![hcshort id=”5″]